Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Hair And A Seriously Awesome Award

Happy Superbowl Sunday! Yes, I am currently watching the game...but I just hate the Packers so much it's really bugging me that they just scored....again. So to take my mind off things I figured I'd blog and guess what...I actually have a few pictures! Woohoo!!

So, just so everyone knows, Brandon has convinced me to go along with him growing his hair out....till the end of football season. As in all...year...long...

...yeah I still don't know how he convinced me....

BUT - one of my deals was that I get to play with his hair and do whatever I want with it...so! Yesterday was the first day I played and here are the results...he he he


I tried to get him to smile but I don't think he could swing it when he had 30 bobbypins in his hair. He is beginning to understand just how much pain women go through to be beautiful. I tried to get him to go out to dinner with his hair like this but he wouldn't so we took it out and then went on our date looking just normal...how boring.

No updates on running - I missed like 4 days last week so I'll do better next.

This is pretty cool - on Thurdsay night Brandon and I went to a banquet for the Utah Peace Officers Association (The Police as I know them). Remember when Brandon and I heard that man yelling for help and he was stuck under the truck and we managed to call 911 in time to save his life? Brandon got a call about a month ago from Seargant Womack, one of the officers who was on the scene. He had nominated us for a "Life Saving Award" and wanted us to go to the banquet in February to get our award. We thought that was pretty neat so on Thursday we went to the banquet. It was for all of Utah and we were sitting next to a few officers from Salt Lake. After the food (which was fabulous) they began the ceremony and the first award given was ours. We didn't know at the time but we were the only Citizen Award in all of Utah for the UPOA. As Seargant Womack told the story of what we did he got choked up and when he called us up to the front, everyone began applauding and actually stood up as we walked to the front. I couldn't believe it, it was seriously one of the most awesome times of my life. Over 100 people standing up and clapping and several people crying. When the president of the UPOA handed us the award she was teared up. As we went to sit back down people were giving us high fives and 'rocks' telling us all 'good job' and 'way to be'. Below is a picture of the award and I apologize for the quality...


The fine print explains why we got the award, it says:


              For life saving actions displayed on September 30, 2010, when the couple responded to a neighbors cries for help. They found Clair Merryweather trapped underneath the dump bed of his truck. Brandon physically lifted the dump bed a few inches allowing Mr. Merrywheather to continue to breathe. If it hadn't been for the quick actions of Brandon and Katie Beddes, Mr. Merryweather would not have survived this accident.


I'm telling you that Brandon was the hero of the night. When we sat back down at our table the officers from SLC said "Well, we didn't know we were sitting by the heroes of the night!" It was so amazing, they talked about how Brandon plays football for SUU and people were like "Well I can see that!" but really....they specifically mentioned how Brandon was the main reason for that man surviving. Brandon holding up the truck just a few inches made all the difference. I could not have been more proud of my husband.

So that is the most exciting news of our life currently! Sweet hair-do's and new picture frames :) We hope all is well with you and happy Superbowl Sunday! GO STEELERS!!!!

2 comments:

mcagmail said...

Glad you have a blog, Katie, so we have some means of hearing about the good stuff. Holy cow, what a wonderful experience for the two of you:) So proud of the both of you! I posted your neat story every place I could find:) Bet Brandon will LOVE that;) Love you both!

Abbie said...

AH!!! That's so stinking awesome!!!!! You guys are amaing.