Now onto more stuff to talk about. For starters, lets begin with Valentines Day. Let me just say, that having an eternal valentine is wonderful. We had absolutely no money for Valentines Day. I had quite a few people ask me "What did Brandon get you?" and "What did you get Brandon?" ... the truth - nothing. Someday we will be able to afford gifts but this year we did something cheap, cheezy and I will always remember it! We sat down to a candlelit dinner (the candles being cheap battery ones we got from the centerpiece of the banquet we went t0) and opened up a bottle of Sparkling Grape Cider and ate...wait for it... WENDY'S!!!
It was such a memorable night, sitting there with the lights turned down low...candles flickering against our champagne glasses...dipping the chicken nuggets in honey- mustard...oh so romantic :)
The day however, did not get off to such a great start. On Sunday we had friends over and made dinner which naturally created a lot of dishes. After dinner we were going to play cards but I wanted to get the dishes done first. Lo and behold, the faucet stopped working. We couldn't figure out what was wrong and when we looked under the sink, everything was soaking wet. I have to admit, it made me kinda cranky. The apartment managers weren't home (and it was Sunday so I doubt I would have gone to bother them till Monday anyway) so we couldn't do anything but let all the many dishes sit there and get stinky! Monday morning I went over to the managers and they said they'd call the plumber. He wouldn't be there till the afternoon so meanwhile all the dishes from breakfast and lunch got piled in there as well. Not to mention all the stuff on the floor. (I'll admit, I actually took some of the dishes and did them in the bathroom sink...it was honestly driving me nuts.)
I spied through the window until I saw him get out of his truck when I ran outside and caught him telling him there was still a leak. He came back inside and fiddled for another 10 minutes, then said he was done again. I thanked him again and when he went next door to the managers I started wiping down again. I found another leak! I can honestly say that I felt like one of those stingy neighbors who have to have everything perfect...BUT! I figured I didn't want to call him back another day and meanwhile I still couldn't put the stuff back under the sink, so I went to my neighbors and told him that it was still leaking. He honestly looked annoyed! He was like "What? Are you sure?" Honestly, I wanted to punch him on the nose and tell him "No I just dumped a bunch of water under my sink because I miss seeing your butt-crack every time I went into the kitchen." I mean really?! Anyway, he came back over and messed for like 10 more minutes then said we needed a whole new faucet, and took another hour to fix it. He seemed annoyed again, and I was thinking "Dude! This is your job! I had to go catch you twice before you figured it out!" Of course I didn't say anything but that's what blogs are for, right? To let out your frustrations and scream online about dumb people. Anyway, by the time he left I was honestly in tears. I had wanted a clean house, I needed to go grocery shopping and I wanted to have a nice Valentines Day. Instead I was stuck cleaning nasty brown water off my floor, under my sink and all over the counters. The best part was when I realized I'd stuck that lovely grapefruit on the counter so he got to look at the produce we keep in our house the whole time he was fixing the sink. Like I said, good thing I didn't look like a moron. By the time Brandon got home I just fell into his arms and tried not to cry. It's amazing how a smelly, dirty house can make you feel drained. I felt like such a drama queen! Naturally, as stated above, Brandon turned the whole night around and made it the most memorable Valentines Day I've had in my life. Like I said...he's so wonderful.
Tomorrow will mark our 1 year engagement. One year ago tomorrow, I was proposed to by the man of my dreams! This past year has been amazing. The past 9 1/2 months have been phenomenal...and I will always be forever grateful for my husband :)
Speaking of that wonderful husband of mine...we need to make a shout out to Brandon. This man works harder than any I have ever met before. I had a breakdown last night...about football. I absolutely LOVE football, and I LOVE that Brandon plays it and I LOVE how much it means to him. Last night I cried for a while though...it's hard to sit here and be the wife of a football player. He puts everything he has into football, and it's hard for me because sometimes all I see is my husband coming home sore, hurting all the time, exhausted and beat. He can't get time off to go see his family, to go to my sisters whole wedding, and sometimes it seems like the coaches just don't care! 99% of the time I am understanding and I know it's for the best but sometimes I just lose it. Brandon puts his heart and soul into football and when I hear somethings about what the coaches say...it honestly takes everything I have not to go marching over to their office and give them a good piece of my mind. When I told Brandon this last night...I realized once again what an amazing man he is. Brandon has never once had a bad attitude about football. When I tell him he should be their number one prized O-Linemen for all the work and effort he puts into it...he tells me "Katie everyone works this hard." Brandon doesn't put himself up on a pedestal like I want to, he just works his hardest and knows that he will make it as far as Heavenly Father will let him. He is so incredibly humble and I look up to him more every single day. He is the best man and husband I could have ever imagined for myself, I am ridiculously spoiled. I know that I will follow him to the ends of the earth and beyond, and I tell him that everyday. Sports is a major part of our lives, and I am so lucky to have a man who can balance sports with school, the gospel and the responsibilities of being a husband. He is everything and more that I need in my life and I just hope and pray that I can be all that to him as much as he is to me.
And I really should say that I am SO grateful for football as well. SUU really is such a good school and the football team works so hard, hence why they have improved so much. We are so blessed that Brandon has a good body that he is able to use and to really "run and not be weary and walk and not faint." Brandon is on a full ride which helps us our tremendously with out finances and is getting him his education which is so important. So - although I'm a wife who has a sore husband 7 days a week...I really am grateful for all the blessing that football brings into our lives. And I'm so so so proud of my husband...once again :)
Well - that is the spiel for today. We love you all, we miss you all, and may your faucets continually work!


1 comment:
Part of your post made me laugh because a similar thing happened to me this week. My sink drain broke (and I didn't notice until AFTER I had done all the dishes) and my kitchen flooded. The very same day Brayden was in the tub and found that if he threw cups of water at the cat she would run away. So I had a flooded kitchen and flooded bathroom! What a day! I am so glad your faucet is fixed and you still had a great night with Brandon. Yay for great husbands! And we are hoping and praying that Brandon has an awesome injury free season!
Post a Comment