So my training over the Holidays...not so good. Basically there was none :) BUT! This week I started training again, I got new shoes and some decent socks (yes, the socks are the best part of this whole shananagin).
Now - I haven't gone "running" since I was a Sophomore in High School with the swim team, so no judging.
So Monday I ran 1/2 mile without stopping - which was actually quite an acomplishment with as bad of shape as I am in. Tuesday I ran a half mile again, walked, then ran another half mile. Wendesday I took off (Brandon says it's good to take a day off and since Wednesday is his day off of Football, I took it off as well). Then yesterday I went running with Lindsey (who, btw, is running another half marathon tommorrow...I'm so jealous. She's so awesome...) and I was concerned if I could even run half a mile without stopping, I've had some super not-so-awesome shin splints the past few days. So because I was with Linds and she's such an inspiration I ran an ENTIRE MILE without stopping once! Yes - I know it's not much, but I haven't run a full mile non-stop since 2004! WOOHOOO! It was a great feeling!
So - training is going slow, but progress is being made! Here's a shout out to my FABULOUS husband who keeps me going even when I don't think I can get off the couch to change into my running clothes. I LOVE YOU HUNNY!
Much love to you all!
1 comment:
Katrina I am so proud of you!! Keep up the good work girl!! Sure do love you and miss you!
Post a Comment